Learn How 2 Tutor Terms.
(Last Updated to 08 Aug 2020).
These Tutor Terms constitute an agreement between the tutor (hereafter “you” or “your”) and learnhow2.co.uk property of GOLD Software Solutions, Company Registration Number 12800086 (hereafter “we”, “us” or “our”) and shall apply in conjunction with our Terms and Conditions of Use and with our Privacy and Cookies Policy. Please read them carefully. By using our website, platform or any of our services you agree to be bound by them.
- Publishing courses on our website is free of charge.
- You can submit courses for publication approval at any time. Under normal circumstances you will get a reply from us within seven working days. In the event that we require you to make some changes to your course to get approval, or if we cannot approve it, you will be given the necessary details.
- Until your course has been approved, its content will remain accessible by you and you will be able to make changes. Once a course has been approved it will be locked and you will not be able to make changes to the content. However, you will be able to post updates and additional content which will follow the same approval process.
- You represent and warrant that you own all rights, title and interest to the courses, content and all materials that you post or share with other users on our website. If you use someone else’s intellectual property or materials, you warrant and confirm that the way you use them is permitted by the original owners.
- You may not:
- Publish or attempt to publish anything that is unlawful, offensive, discriminatory or misleading.
- Upload viruses or malicious code or do anything that could disable or impair the proper working of our products.
- Do or share anything that infringes or breaches someone else's rights, these Tutor Terms, our terms and Conditions of Use or any other applicable laws.
- Approving a course for publication on our website does not mean that we guarantee that it is free from violations to the rights of others or to our Terms and Conditions of Use that could result in future deactivation of the course. Your courses and content will be subject to an ongoing program of random and scheduled checks that we perform as part of our quality control process. Tutors and Students are also able to report issues that they may identify in any course or content at any time.
- You retain ownership of your courses and content at all times, but you give us permission to share them and advertise them on any appropriate public platform for the purposes of promoting them and for promoting our website and services, but not to re-sell them or re-use them in any other way outside our website and platforms. You do not waive any rights of privacy, publicity, or other rights of a similar nature to the extent permissible under applicable law.
- In order to provide our services you grant us a non-exclusive, royalty-free permission to sub-license your courses or content that you post on our website and platforms. Nothing in these terms takes away the rights you have to your own content.
- You may not grant licenses to your courses directly to students who enrolled on them through our website, and any such direct license shall be null and void and a violation of these Tutor Terms and of our Terms and Conditions of use.
- You can request a discontinuation or deletion of any course or content from our systems with immediate effect, subject to clauses 11, 12 and 13 below, and it will no longer be available to other users once it has been deleted.
- If immediate deletion of your courses or content from our systems is not possible due to technical limitations, it will be deleted from our systems within a maximum of 90 days.
- When we are investigating illegal activity, or when we are trying to comply with a legal obligation or request, or in any other event when immediate deletion is not possible, then your content will be deleted from our systems as soon as it is possible and it will not be retained any longer than necessary.
- Courses or content that have been acquired by students, whether they are free of charge or sold, cannot be deleted from our systems to ensure the permanent access as offered to buyers under our Terms and Conditions of use. Courses that you do not wish to offer anymore will be hidden from future availability, but they will continue to be accessible by all who have acquired them, and through their own personal LH2 accounts only. Such access will continue to be regulated by our Terms and Conditions of use.
- Updates and additions to existing courses or content that is offered for purchase has to be made available for free to all who have already purchased such courses or content.
- You are allowed to communicate with students who have enrolled on your courses through our website via our website messaging facilities only. No communication outside our website, such as personal emails, texts, etc. should take place during the normal provision of the courses on our website.
- Our website is an educational platform designed to provide courses of prospective academic value and formal skills training. You are not allowed to post any content that is irrelevant, unwanted, intrusive, unsolicited or unauthorised, or for the purposes of advertising, phishing or spreading malware. Examples of what constitutes such content are, but are not limited to, promotional materials, commercial activities, product reviews, sales, junk mail, spam, chain letters, pyramid schemes, contests, sweepstakes, etc.
- If you discover or are made aware that you have inadvertently violated the law or the rights of others and/or violated these Tutor Terms and our Terms and Conditions of use, please contact us immediately at email@example.com to request “Special Changes”. If we accept we will suspend your course temporarily and give you seven calendar days to complete any necessary and satisfactory changes or corrections. If the changes or corrections cannot be completed within fifteen calendar days, and subject to a review of the situation, we may grant you a time extension to complete the changes or corrections, or we may decide to remove your course or content from our website and services permanently.
- If we discover or are made aware with irrevocable evidence that your course or content violates the law or the rights of others and/or it violates these Tutor Terms and our Terms and Conditions of use, we will deactivate your course temporarily and we will contact you to ask you to make any necessary and satisfactory changes or corrections. If the changes or corrections cannot be made within seven calendar days, we will remove your course or content from our website and services permanently and we may cancel your account. You will be liable for any damages and compensation as per our Terms and Conditions of Use.
- You can determine the prices of the courses or content that you post, or whether they are free of charge, subject to clauses 20 and 21 below.
- The total price of your course must include UK VAT.
- For chargeable courses or content the minimum fee that you are allowed to charge per course is UK £9.99 (UK nine pounds Sterling and ninety-nine pence) including VAT, and the total combined duration of video and audio files must not be less than 30 (thirty) minutes.
- To keep courses and lessons in bite sized digestible chunks and ensure good flow, quality and overall experience for students, you must follow these rules:
The total combined time of all video and audio files for all of your free courses and lessons must not exceed two (2) hours, and their total combined size, including documents, must not exceed ten (10) gigabytes. In the event that you reach this limit, you can request the deactivation of a free course to release content allowance, subject to clause 13, or charge for any of your free courses, subject to clause 21, minimum pricing policy.
For every single sale of a chargeable course we will make the following deductions from the total customer price:
- The total combined time of video and audio files, of each individual lesson, must not be longer than thirty (30) minutes.
- The total combined size of all files in a lesson (video, audio and documents) must not be greater than five (5) gigabytes. The total combined time of video and audio files for chargeable courses and lessons must not exceed 10 hours, and their total combined size, including documents, must not exceed fifty (50) gigabytes.
Your Tutor Return (the amount of money that you receive after our deductions) is calculated when you submit your course for approval. You can decide to continue and finalise the approval process or to go back to reconsider your price. Please make sure that you have considered the prices of your courses carefully to ensure that your sales provide a viable business. If in doubt about your pricing, we are here to help. Please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org
Once a course has been posted, the original posted price (the “normal” price) cannot be reduced permanently unless no sales have taken place. You must contact us on email@example.com if you wish to request a reduction of your original posted price.
You are allowed, via our “Course Builder” facility only, to run special promotions of your courses or content for up to 30 (thirty) days, at the end of which, the price will automatically revert to the normal price and it will remain at the normal price for 60 (sixty) days before you can run a promotion again. The price reduction must not exceed 50% (fifty per cent) of the normal price and in no event can it be less than UK £9.99 (UK nine pounds Sterling and ninety-nine pence) as per clause 17 of these Tutor Terms. You can only start running promotions after an initial 60 (sixty) days of posting a course or content.
You are allowed, via our “Course Builder” facility only, to increase the normal price of your courses or content at any time. Please bear in mind that the new normal price will be regulated as per clauses 21 and 22 above.
These Tutor Terms shall apply in conjunction with, and be regulated by, our Terms and Conditions of use. By using our website, platforms and services you agree to be bound by them.
- Transaction fees of 3% + £0.20 pence (GB twenty pence).
- VAT at 20%
- LearnHow 2 fee at 20%